Updated position from Wednesday 2 September 2020
CORONAVIRUS (COVID -19) TEMPORARY NO VISITING POLICY
Information For relatives and Next of Kin / Friends:
I am pleased to advise and confirm that following an enforced period of closure to new admissions and to visitors to the Nursing Centre; we will recommence visits from Wednesday 2nd September 2020 onwards.
Visits to those of our Residents who are able to mobilise to the Garden area (assisted or alone) will commence on Mondays to Fridays (incl) from Wednesday September 2nd.
Visits will need to be pre-booked in advance and this can be achieved by telephoning our reception team on: 0208 222 7800 between 8am and 8pm Monday – Friday.
Visiting sessions are between the hours of 11.00am and 12.30pm or 2pm – 4pm on Mondays to Fridays (incl) – We regret that we are not yet able to support weekend visits.
Some reminders please:
- In line with guidance issued by LB Hammersmith and Fulham Public Health Dept – Each Resident is permitted to have up to 1 x visitor at any one time.
- Visitors are not able to enter the building / nursing centre. As such, we regret that there are no facilities for Toilet use or for refreshments to be provided.
- Ideally – visitors should be the ‘same’ visitors as consistently as possible. Having 1 or 2 consistent visitors further reduces the risk of spread of infection.
- Children under 12 years of age are NOT permitted to visit the Nursing Centre at this time.
- Please do not attend without having booked a visit – as we will be required to turn you away.
Visits at this time are garden based – under cover of rain but may be cancelled at short notice if the weather is too poor to enable visits to proceed.
Please refer to the Visitor Policy which is reproduced in full, below.
Finally – I would like to thank all of you who assisted in achieving this position, by writing to our Local MP. We are currently working on a protocol that will enable visits to continue as and when the autumn weather arrives, and for those residents whose health is such that they cannot leave their bedrooms.
The Chiswick Nursing Centre
CORONAVIRUS (COVID -19) TEMPORARY VISITING POLICY
Visiting Times are Monday – Friday 11.00am – 12.30pm and 2.00pm – 4 pm.
- Visitor Protocol based on PHE advice Published 22/6/20
- Only 1 visitor is allowed per visit.
- In order to facilitate as many visits for residents as possible, we may have to restrict visits to once a week.
- Visits must take place outside and at a social distance of 2 metres using the furniture provided and as already set in place.
- Visits are subject to suitable weather conditions.
- Visitors must have been asymptomatic for COVID-19 for the past 7 days (no fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell) and will be required to complete an F2063, Visitors Confirmation on Being “Safe to Visit” Disclaimer Form
- Visitors are prohibited if they are a contact of a COVID-19 case (during their 14 day isolation).
- Visitors will be required to wear a face mask which will be provided.
- Visitors should not bring food and drink into the Centre and any gifts should be left with a member of staff.
- Visitors requesting to visit those in the shielding category will be subject to an individual risk assessment.
- Visitors will be required to have their temperature checked on entry to the Centre, if a reading of 37.9ºC is recorded visiting will not be permitted.
Visits will be by appointment only to ensure that sufficient social distance measures can be maintained and a letter with instructions of how to keep safe and how to keep our staff and residents safe will be issued beforehand.
The inside facilities will not be accessible, we are sorry that we cannot provide refreshments or the use of toilet facilities.
The exceptional visiting rights to enable one family member or representative to attend in the case of a resident nearing the end of their life remains in place. In such cases permission will be granted following agreement with the Centre Director.