Full-Time, 38 hours per week, worked across a 7 day period
The Chiswick Nursing Centre, London W6
£9.80 – £13.10 per hour
This is an exciting opportunity to join our, Nursing Home to work as a Catering Assistant.
We pride ourselves on providing a warm and homely environment for our elderly residents, and our Catering Team is key to achieving this. This is a role that is central to the daily lives of our residents and their families.
As part of the Catering Team, your role will include a variety of tasks to help produce top class food and ensure a high quality dining experience for our residents.
So, if making people’s lives better is what ‘gets you up’ in the morning, you should come and join a like-minded team at The Chiswick Nursing Centre. As a Catering Assistant here, you can make a real difference to the lives of our residents.
What we want above all are genuinely kind, sympathetic people, who will really get a thrill from enhancing the happiness and wellbeing of our residents.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills further with courses that are designed to ensure that you feel confident in all aspects of your role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Head Chef and other Catering Staff to manage and deliver all catering services in the home.
- Prepare nutritional food and beverages to a high standard
- Prepare special diet meals as needed
- Support cost-effective stock control to minimise waste
- Ensure the kitchen is kept clean and tidy, emptying the waste bins and helping wash the crockery and cutlery
What are some of the benefits we can offer you?
- Great rates of pay – we regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us.
- Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal – All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopaedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – earn up to £500 refer-a-nurse and £250 refer-a-friend for care and support workers.